Monday, May 02, 2005

1106 Lafayette


1106 Lafayette
Originally uploaded by Jay_wood.
It's been over two weeks since my bid was accepted; I close next Wednesday. This is my third house, but it's the first one I'm going into alone. It's intimidating. I lost my job while living in my first house (Iowa), but I was married then, and while it was tight, we were never in danger of losing the place. This time, well, let's just say I need to be careful at work. Lost job equals financial ruin.

That said, I'm very excited. I'm having the floors refinished, so I won't move in immediately, but I've been visiting Home Depot a lot, thinking about what furniture I need to buy and just where the hell everything is going to go. I'll need to paint the exterior by winter next year, so I get to make it look all Johnny. Orange and brown? Purple and yellow? Two different shades of pink?

Best of all, no more laundromat!

No comments: