Wednesday, April 25, 2007

draft day

Last Saturday was the open tryout and draft for Detroit Men's Senior League Baseball. I was a mid-first round draft choice. Well, actually, we were all first round draft choices, but I was 7 out of 13 and I'll take that gladly. I was selected by the A's. The team has a number of guys I played with three years ago, the Royals, so I guess I had an in.

So far, I ache like hell, and we don't play a game for at least a month. I twisted my right ankle shagging flies at the tryout and my back is killing me from the batting cage. But the worst of it is my throwing. I don't really expect to hit much, or to be a defensive wiz, but I'm having real difficulty just tossing around the pill. I've taken time away from the game before, but have never struggled with this. It's pretty disappointing.

No comments: